08 5 / 2012
Why are so many people who call themselves “activists” bitter?
Like some feminists are so anti-men and some disability activists are so anti-able bodied
Like, come on. If you support someone or something that doesn’t give you the right to tear someone or something else down.
When did people start putting disclaimers on the advocation of civil rights?
You are not better than anyone else
isn’t the point of activism to be TOTALLY equal, not just KIND OF equal with SOME people?
Yeah… you’re right. Black people shouldn’t be bitter that white people forcibly brought them to another country, made them our slaves, then told them to go back to Africa although they never asked to be in the U.S. in the first place, then and systematically segregated them into the poorest areas with the fewest educational opportunities and perpetuated the myth that they’re disadvantaged because they’re “lazy” and “dumb.” No, they’re TOTALLY out of line for “tearing down” us poor, poor white people.
Oh. And disabled people. Even though the U.S. continues to fail to accommodate their needs (like elevators/wheelchair access ramps in public spaces), and people continue to pity them, falsely assuming that (among other things) their lives suck, they are not active, and/or are not sexual beings… they have NO right to be bitter!
And women! Where do we get OFF bringing up the fact that 1 in 4 of us is raped in our lifetimes and often when we share our stories, no one believes us, and even if they do, they make jokes about it. Jokes about violent acts done to our bodies that have made us depressed, anxious, sometimes even suicidal. God, after all that men have done to educate themselves and others about sexual violence, we should really just stop complaining so much.
- betterasgold reblogged this from titanianate and added:
- femalephenomenonglamzon likes this
- titanianate reblogged this from betterasgold and added:
- egalitarianscum reblogged this from betterasgold
- egalitarianscum likes this
- feminist77 reblogged this from betterasgold and added:
- thatmorticianbitch reblogged this from azogsgymcoach
- crowdpleasr likes this
- consciencefiction likes this
- thatsalittlebittooraven said: we talked about this <3
- dictaylorswift likes this
- azogsgymcoach reblogged this from betterasgold
- azogsgymcoach likes this
- betterasgold posted this